At Lumenus, families have the opportunity to purchase behaviour therapy based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA). All behaviour therapy programs are supervised by a Board-Certified Behaviour Therapist (BCBA), as required by the Ontario Autism Program (OAP). Our staff are trained and skilled in providing effective, client-centered, long-lasting and impactful services.
For information on specific programs and services, please review our Comprehensive Program Guide.
What to expect:
Families who express an interest in a Fee for Service program can expect the following next steps to determine program eligibility:
- Completion of an initial intake assessment over the phone which will include a parent/caregiver report of their child/youth’s skills, needs and behaviours.
- In-person or virtual observation of the child/youth with members of the Autism Fee for Service team.
- If the family chooses to proceed with the registration, an additional appointment will be arranged to review the agency’s policies, guidelines, and to sign contracts and process payment.
STILL OPEN FOR REGISTRATION! Our spring services will run until June 25, 2022. Please see below for more information.
For parents of preschool and young school age children :
Does your child need to adapt better to the classroom environment? Support your child’s learning by enrolling them in our FULL-DAY Group Readiness program. We have small group programs delivered in settings that were previously TDSB school buildings! If your child is currently enrolled in school, this is a unique opportunity to learn in an environment that they are already familiar with. Program outcomes include learning and building on social and communication skills to successfully navigate group environments. Also, many natural opportunities are provided throughout the day to practice transitions and personal care skills.
For parents of older children:
- Do you have a child who would benefit from learning how to be successful in social situations at school, at home and in the community?
- Do they need to develop skills to build positive friendships, good sportsmanship and collaborative team work?
- Does your child need to learn strategies and techniques to self-regulate?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, contact us at Lumenus to register for our skill-building programs. We are offering social skills and self-regulation groups this spring. These 2 hour sessions are scheduled once or twice weekly and ideally suited for children aged 8-11 years. Best of all, they are offered after 4pm and don’t interfere with your child’s academic school day!
NOW OPEN FOR REGISTRATION! Our summer services run from July 4- September 23 2022 and include:
- ABA Therapy for Individuals (1:1) – 12 weeks.
- Group Readiness (3:2) – 12 weeks.
- Skills for Life (4:1) – 2 week long, 5 half days/week camp style programs. Each two week program focuses on social skills, self-regulation or communication. We will also have a week long back to school booster session prior to school starting in the fall.
COMING SOON! Our fall services will run from October 3- December 24 2022. Stay tuned for more information.
For more information on what we have available in the summer please join us at a 1 hour virtual information session. Click on the calendar below to register. We look forward to seeing you!
We invite you to call or email us at 416-744-7650 ext. 4262 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have or for assistance in selecting and registering for specific programs. We are here to help!
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER 2022- OPEN
victoria day – no service
summer Autism Fee for service information session 11:00am-12:00pm
For more information, please fill out the form below.